Monday, July 4, 2011

Stadium of Fire 2011

For the past few days I was volunteering for the Stadium of Fire at LaVell Edwards Stadium wherein Brad Paisley and David Archuleta were performing. I made some great new friends and had some amazing experiences. I feel like telling you about some of them, so here it is.

On friday, the art crew (my group) were helping out the set guys so we could do our job, and I met a couple guys from Tennessee. They were really cool and had sweet accents.  That night, around 11, David Archuleta got up onstage to do a sound check/rehearsal. The two guys from Tennessee and some of the crew sat right up on the front row to watch the rehearsal and when I saw David I waved at him. On of the guys on the crew with me, Jordan, said "don't wave, he's not gonna wave back." And guess what? He waved back. Feeling that 'haha i was right and just got a wave from David Archuleta' feeling, I did an extreme happy dance in my seat. David saw it and I noticed him laughing. Two seconds later, he was walking to the edge of the stage. I couldn't hold back and I made a run for it. I shook his hand and introduced myself, just before everyone else joined me to say hello. After that nice visit, we all sat down and watched David sing. After every song he thanked us, and during "A Little Too Not Over You" he pointed straight at me. He also said after one of his songs, "Thanks guys, this is nice its, like, intimate but in a really, huge place." Seriously, it was the best night of my life.





Then on saturday we worked all day in the hot sun and that night I high fived David as he exited the stage and I got some really good pictures of Brad Paisley.





It was overall a very good experience, and now, I am super sore and tired but have loved looking back and cannot wait to do it all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment