Friday, July 29, 2011

College

Had you asked me about college one week ago you would have gotten a response like this, "Yeah, I'm going to the U. I have no idea where I'll be staying or how I'm going to pay for it, but I am going."



The feeling of not knowing what is going to happen or how things are going to work out is an awful one. I was so nervous and scared about how in the world this was all going to work out but today, I am feeling a huge burden being lifted from my shoulders. Today I had a job interview up at the U for a tutoring program. Yesterday I recieved a letter informing me that I got the Regents Scholarship. On top of that I have recieved a scholarship for being in the top ten percent of my class, a pell grant, federal work study, and a housing stipend. The housing stipend will cover the cost of my room for the year which I just reserved this week. I am flying. I have enough money in scholarships and grants to pay for my entire first year of school, which is estimated to cost $14,800.  My life has become so much easier now that I know I will be able to pay for my schooling without having to borrow anything. If there is anything I can say to kids everywhere it is to get the best grades you can in school. Take the ACT as many times as you can to get the highest score you can. Life is so much easier when you know you've done all you can and now someone else will be paying for your schooling.

 Now I am looking forward to August 18th when my college journey will begin and I will move into my new room on Officers Circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment